Hello everybody, I am so excited for today’s post! I have come together with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you the great Christmas roundup–the ultimate guide for all your Christmas-related needs. From festive goodies to holiday movies, we’ve got it all right here for you!
My contribution was diy Christmas projects, so before I share what the other lovely ladies have compiled for you, let me share my tutorial for a rustic tree ornament and the rest of the diy projects that I gathered.
This project is so simple and best of all, it’s a totally kid-friendly ornament that you can trust won’t end up shattered on the floor (I’m sad to report that after a clean record for six years we’ve now had three ornament casualties already this year…).
- Branch rounds. You can easily cut these yourself (like I did) or purchase similar items from your local craft store.
- Mod Podge and brush
- Wood stain and rag
- Vinyl stencils or stickers
- Jute, string, or ribbon
- Apply your stencil or sticker to your wood.
- Apply two coats of Mod Podge.
- Once your two coats are completely dry then peel your stencil off and apply 3-4 coats of stain over the entire surface, following application directions. Then wipe the excess off with a rag. The stain should have penetrated the wood wherever there was no Mod Podge applied.
- Once your ornaments are dry, drill a hole and thread jute through.
I have used this technique several times and I always love the look of the end result. You could do words like I did, or even simple shapes, like a snowflake or star.
Without further ado, here are the rest of the 25 Christmas projects to diy this season.
rustic Christmas ornament
And now let’s get to all the other wonderful Christmas fun that my blogging friends have rounded up for us, shall we? Just click on the picture or any of the links to be taken to their roundup post!
I hope that you enjoyed this roundup and it’s inspired you to do something festive with your family this week! Don’t forget to come back for more of my #SimplifyingTheSeason series, and remember that I want to see how you’re simplifying too! I’ll be picking a few of my favorites from the link up on December 26 to send a small gift to so be thinking of what you can do this year to simplify and refocus on what really matters to you at this time of year.