Main Nav

fun activities for national children’s dental health month

Did you know that February will be National Children’s Dental Health month? As the wife of a dentist I am all too aware of such things, lol. The great thing about it being early in the year is that this gives you the opportunity to educate your children (and maybe yourselves!) about good oral hygiene and set the tone for the rest of the year. This post is sponsored by Michael J. Young, DDS, Inc. located in Foresthill, California. Information is taken from www.ada.org and opinions are my own.

Justine Young, dentist's wife and lifestyle blogger shares some free printables for national children's dental health month in February.

making dental health fun

With Mike’s occupation and that fact that we have four children we know it can be challenging to brush and floss their teeth–let alone get them excited about the process! National Children’s Dental Health Month focuses on educating children (and their caregivers) on the benefits of good oral health care, and in a fun way! There are lots of great activity sheets to get your little ones excited about taking care of their smile, and I’ve made a couple of new ones for you too.

Click on the links below to get your free downloads!

calendar activity

connect the dots

word search

coloring sheet

crossword activity

tooth maze

How do your kids feel about taking care of their teeth?
Follow Foresthill Dentist on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest

13 Responses to fun activities for national children’s dental health month

1. April January 31, 2018 at 8:57 am #

These look like such fun activities for kids! My kids enjoy going to the dentist, and it is because their dentist makes it fun for them.

2. Erika January 31, 2018 at 9:47 am #

I think it’s great to educate children on the importance of dental health early. If they start learning at an early age it can stay with them as they grow up.

3. Sarah January 31, 2018 at 2:10 pm #

One thing I have always been grateful for is that both of my boys really like brushing their teeth. As they get older, I’m hoping they will do a great job at taking care of them.

4. Cori - Sweet Coralice January 31, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

Gosh, I love this so much!! I wish I’d have these printable when my 3 kids were little ones, lol. I worked or an Oral Surgeon for 20 years and I’ve always been supportive of great dental care at an early age! Nice post … shared on FB 😉

5. Renee January 31, 2018 at 3:33 pm #

These are great!!

6. K.C. January 31, 2018 at 3:43 pm #

Anything we can do to encourage kids to take care of their teeth is a good thing! These activities are so cute!

7. Lea January 31, 2018 at 5:37 pm #

I think it’s easy to make dental hygiene fun! And very important to instill a routine early on!

8. Patricia @ Grab a Plate January 31, 2018 at 7:34 pm #

I know it can be hard to get kids to brush and floss (and I’m guilty of dragging my feet when it comes to flossing, too)! There are great ideas to get kids into it!

9. Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy February 1, 2018 at 11:37 am #

So many fun activities!! Thankfully my girls love brushing and flossing their teeth! I hope it stays like that!

10. Christine February 1, 2018 at 3:31 pm #

What fun ideas! I love anything that gets kids excited to take care of their teeth. We’ll have to try these!

11. Jessica February 1, 2018 at 3:46 pm #

These are such fun activities to get kids excited about dental care! Personally, I’ve always loved the dentist as a kid, but i know how challenging it can be for others.

12. Brittany February 1, 2018 at 9:19 pm #

These look fun! So important to start dental care young

13. Sonal February 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

What an amazing post! Thank you for generating awareness! My 1st header just had her dental health awareness day yesterday at school.